Sunday, August 9, 2009

Whatever happens to a dream deferred?

So it turns out that "whatever happens to a dream deferred," is not just something that angry young black men during the Harlem Renaissance ponder. I think about my deferred dreams a lot. More than a lot. Ok, probably too much. Let's say, somewhere between healthy mulling and unhealthy ruminating depending the time, place, and point of my hormonal cycle.

But this year, this year is different. Because this year, I'm not just thinking about my deferred dreams, but I'm doing something about them - like, trying to fulfilled them specifically. It's a long story about how I got here, and that's all water under the bridge, but the interesting story is going to begin now, as I try to start a new life, a new beginning, at 50.

If I succeed, I'm hoping this blog will inspire others to do the same. If I fail, I'm obviously I'm not planning to fail, but if I do, people will have the "what not to do," right at their fingertips and hopefully someone can use that info and succeed. And no offense, but I'm hoping that's me.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment